The goal of Let's Read is to encourage family reading and each year one book is selected and distributed throughout the community. The Family Literacy Committee of Brant held the first Let's Read event in the winter of 2013.
Let's Read provides a number of different activities and events for families to participate in, from author visits to storybook walks to special cultural programs. To view more photos of our past events, please visit our Facebook page.
Our 2019 selection is Mattland by Hazel Hutchins and Gail Herbert, illustrated by Dušan Petričić. Celebrate the shared joy of reading with this stirring story about the power of play.
Families who attended Let's Read events in our community will take home a copy of Hutchins's book. *
Let's Read 2019 Kick-Off Event
Sunday, January 27, 2019
This free family fun event features author Hazel Hutchins' amazing storytelling skills:
Pick up a free copy of the book Mattland,* and meet author Hazel Hutchins! We'll also enjoy crafts, activities, and snacks.
Past Let's Read Titles
- 2018 The Man with the Violin by Kathy Stinson and Dušan Petričić
- 2017 Snow Day by Werner Zimmerman
- 2016 The Enormous Potato by Aubrey Davis and Dušan Petričić
- 2015 Little Jack Horner LIVE! at from Corner by Helaine Becker and Mike Boldt
- 2014 Big Bear Hug by Nicholas Oldland
- 2013 Farm Team by Linda Bailey and Bill Slavin
*One book per household only, while supplies last.